Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Quick note to News

Thanks to everyone in News who e-mailed back on the Biz and Sports "silo" and reporter-associate proposals. I was responding to each one last night, but had to give up because of the sheer volume.

We suspected that these ideas might be unpopular, but we had no idea what a startling understatement that was. We'll deliver that message to management.

I was also surprised at how many people told us, "No More Mr. Nice Union." In e-mail after e-mail, you said that we've cooperated enough, and now it's time for the company to start showing some real movement on key issues.

I think I made the same mistake that management seems to have made. I interpreted some of the decisions this bargaining unit (particularly News) has made over the past few years as meaning that you'll give things up without a fight. I was wrong, and I apologize for that.

I disagreed with the way some of those votes went, but it's clear that your intent was to help the company. And now it's time for the company to show a little appreciation.

We'll let 'em know: That bill is past due.

Thanks for all the support from the "least militant" department.

-Yoko-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home