Monday, July 17, 2006

Since you asked...

Some members looked at recently posted Times wage information and wanted to know who's getting paid more: Times or P-I workers.

We compared wage information supplied by both employers, and found that the variance in most cases isn't all that large. (In one category, average wages at the Times and P-I were just 2 cents per hour apart.)

Because the P-I doesn't have separate Circulation or Advertising departments, these comparisons are for news/editorial positions only.

Which paper pays more?


Reporter: P-I
Photographer: Times
Artist: P-I
Layout editor/page designer: P-I
Receptionist: Times
News researcher: Times
Editorial writer: P-I
Desk editor: P-I (But the P-I has both desk editors and copy editors; the Times has no copy editors. When the desk editor and copy editor positions are combined, average wages for these positions are higher at the Times.)

Some positions weren't compared because they didn't have a clear equivalent in the other newsroom.

1 Comments:

At Monday, July 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, but the real question is: Whose attorneys make more?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home